We are seeking a DevOps engineer for Libretto, our SaaS reg-tech platform for the mortgage industry. With the initial product already built out, you will own the release engineering, infrastructure provisioning and management, system administration and security functions.
REPORTS TO: CTO
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provision and maintain CI/CD tooling, write and maintain build/deploy scripts
- Develop Infrastructure as Code to provision AWS resources.
- Design and build high availability infrastructure keeping business operations and objectives in mind
- Build scalable, secure, and cost-optimized architecture.
- Explore and execute best practices and strategies around securing access to cloud services and infrastructure.
- Track industry trends and maintain knowledge of new technologies, advising leadership of opportunities to improve quality, reduce costs and/or create competitive advantages
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field; MS degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (preferred).
- 3+ years of start-up experience in a DevOps/ SecOps role developing and advocating the shift to DevOps culture within the organization.
- Experience with system administration, provisioning and managing cloud infrastructure and security monitoring.
- In-depth experience with a variety of tools and technologies spanning the DevOps lifecycle from infrastructure and building to monitoring and operating a product or service.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration such as Docker, Kubernetes/EKS, Serverless architecture.
- Hands on experience creating system architectures and leading architecture discussions at a team or multi-team level.
- Understand how to model system infrastructure in the cloud with Amazon Web Services (AWS), AWS CloudFormation/SAM, or Terraform.
- Strong knowledge of cloud infrastructure (AWS preferred):
- AWS services like Lambda, Cognito, SQS, KMS, S3, Step Functions, Glue/Spark, Cloudwatch, Secrets Manager, Simple Email Service, CloudFront.
- Experience with configuring and deploying one or more CI/CD tools, while working closely with the rest of the development organization to ensure that these tools are used effectively.
- Experience with SQL Server and MongoDB (or similar NoSQL databases), S3/parquet (preferred).
- Familiarity with coding, scripting and testing tools - going beyond simple bash scripts while implementing agile development practices such as code reviews and using source control effectively (preferred).
- Experience working with mortgage data and ETL tools (preferred).
- Strong interpersonal, coordination and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to function both independently and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve desired results.
- Aptitude to pick up new concepts and technology rapidly; ability to explain it to both business & tech stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt and succeed in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment.